ironSource is a platform for app monetization and user acquisition campaigns. With ironSource you can promote your app on Android and iOS platforms, place ads inside your app, and setup cross promotion campaigns.
Integration with ironSource allows you to evaluate data:
- on the ads effectiveness — the number of impressions, clicks and campaign costs, the traffic quality;
- on ad monetization of your app — in-app impressions and ad revenue.
If you advertise your app with ironSource, use tracking links created in MyTracker to track stats on the audience acquired by ironSource:
- Create a campaign in the MyTracker interface, in which select ironSource as the Partner.
- Add a tracking link to your application.
- Share the tracking link with your partner.
You can copy Click
or Impression URL from the tracking link view page and either send it to your ironSource manager or paste it into your ad by yourself.
Now, launch an ironSource campaign and track new users in MyTracker reports.
To import data on results of ad monetization as well as user acquisition campaigns, connect your MyTracker account to the account in ironSource.
- In the partner list of MyTracker interface,
ironSource (select Ad monetization for faster search).
- On the Connected accounts tab click Add connect.
- Fill out the form:
- Select MyTracker accounts that have the apps you need. You can connect several MyTracker accounts to an ironSource account and vice versa.
- Specify the Login used for ironSource authorization, Secret key and Refresh token. You can find the Secret key and Refresh token in your ironSource profile. For details, see the partner's documentation.
- Click Connect.
Your MyTracker account will be connected to the ironSource network.
The Connected projects table
will show related applications, as well as data on ad monetization accounts:
the synchronization date and option for importing user stats.
ironSource will not deliver data on apps with a COPPA compliance flag (i.e. complying with the US Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).
This a permanent setting configured when adding an app to the ironSource platform (see the partner documentation for details).
To disconnect the account, click
Importing user stats
If the connected ironSource account is the account for ad monetization,
the MyTracker account owner can enable the import of user stats:
Make sure that you use the same method to identify users in MyTracker and ironSource (it can be ID in the app backend or your CRM system,
see User tracking for details).
The tracking system does not accept any data without the user/device ID or with the ID in a wrong format.
Hence, MyTracker data can be lower than those of ironSource.
On the Connected accounts
tab , check the boxes next to the projects for which you need user stats.
The green indicator shows projects for which tracking has already been set up.
- Click Save.
Now, MyTracker will receive stats on both devices and users.
Clicks, impressions, campaign costs
After successful integration, MyTracker will collect data on your active ironSource campaigns: impressions, clicks, and campaign costs.
To evaluate the ironSource advertising stats:
- In the Report Builder, in the Partners filter, select ironSource.
- Add the Campaign dimension and select the Impressions, Campaign cost, and Clicks from Partner metrics to see the results of advertising campaigns.
- Additionally, you can add sections by traffic sources:
- SubID Campaign (campaign ID);
- SubID Creative (creative ID).
- Click Calculate.
After the successful integration, MyTracker will start receiving data on ad revenues and in-app impressions with a breakdown by ad placement, ad campaign, ad unit, device, and date.
To evaluate the results of ad monetization:
With Report builder in the Other filters → Traffic source → Ad Mediators filter, select ironSource.
In the Other filters → Financial metric → Revenue type filter select Ad monetization.
- Add metrics In-app clicks and Revenue.
If you set up the import of user stats then you can also use u(user)-metric to build a report
- Add more dimensions:
- Geo & Demography → Country
- Traffic source → Placement
- Traffic source → Ad Unit
- Click Calculate.
MyTracker updates stats on connected accounts every day,
but ironSource might delay data for several days.
Thus, MyTracker’s and the partner’s stats may differ.
For more details about data analytics, refer to the Ad revenue tracking section.
If you see no ironSource stats in MyTracker reports:
- Make sure the MyTracker SDK is built into the app.
- Make sure that there is a successfully connected account on the integration page with ironSource.
- Make sure that there is data on the ironSource side.