The payment verification provides veracity of in app purchase and protects your data from being distorted by fraud schemas.
myTracker can send a request for each tracked transaction to App Store and Google Play servers, you just need to add a key for payment verification — credentials.
After adding credentials, you can build reports and view stats on both real payments and unverified purchases.
For payment verification:
- From the applications list choose a necessary row and click on the symbol .
- On the Payment Verification page, depending on the app OS:
All payments tracked after you add credentials will be verified on App Store and Google Play servers.
Build a report on verified payments using the Constructor with the Financial dimensions → Verification metric and the Other filters → Financial metrics → Verification filter.
App store credentials
Get App store credentials:
- In App Store Connect pick your app.
- Go to In-App Purchases → Manage.
- Click on App-Specific Shared Secret and copy credentials from the Shared Secret column.
Paste credentials into the Payment verification page in myTracker.
Google Play credentials
Get Google Play credentials:
- In Google Play Console in the Developer Account section
select API Access and press the Create Service Account button.
- Click on Google API Console. The console will open in a new tab. Keep the Create Service Account tab open.
- Press the Create Service Account button.
Type account details in the first step, choose a role in the second (at least the Editor) and just press the Create Key button in the third step. Select the JSON and press the Done button.
Upload json-file in myTracker on the Payment verification page.
- Return to the Create Service Account open tab and press the Done button.
- In the row of a new account press the Grant access button.
- Add an apps which payments need to be verified.
- For all apps set checkboxes View app information and View financial data for access to verification by credentials-file.
Credentials activation can take 1 to 24 hours since you got access to payment verification.