Segments are a vital tool for user analytics.
A segment is a group of users identified using certain parameters,
e.g. who brings in most revenue or signs up with an old iPhone.
As myTracker's analytics tool,
segments cover all the options for working with a product audience:
analyze the size and evolution of individual user groups;
- build segment reports of any complexity free of excessive data.
A segment can be built for an individual app or the entire project
based on both device or user parameters.
Segmenting criteria depends on segment audience type and may be as follows:
- Geography and demographics (gender, age, country, region, city)
- Device information (manufacturer, model, OS version)
- App information (platform, app version)
- Connection information (connection type, mobile telecom brand)
- Activity (app install, session count, average and overall session duration)
- Finance data (product, revenue, in-app purchases count and sum)
- Ad monetization (engaged audience)
- Subscription information (first and paid subscriptions)
- Traffic source (campaign, partner)
- Custom events (e.g. product delivery, levelling up)
- Period (fixed or moving)
myTracker calculates the segment size daily based on the parameters you have set.
You can see the progress on the segment page.
All key data, such as the segment size, calculation date, and
linked apps, are available on the Segment list page.
- In the Segments list press the Add button.
You can use a ready segment as a basis.
Open the segment page and press the Duplicate segment button.
- Fill out the form:
- Title* — segment name that will appear in all lists and reports.
- Audience type* — type of data to be used for segment analytics: data on project users or their devices.
For more details on audience types, please see the User tracking section.
- Account* — the account to which the new segment will be added. If you have only one account, it would be selected by default.
For more details, please see the Account section.
- Projects — one or more app projects to be used for segment identification.
For more details, please see the Project section.
- Applications — one or more apps to be used for segment identification.
* — required fields.
- Set segment parameters:
- Press the Add button.
To analyze segments, use the following options:
- Track progress on the View segment page.
For example, assess the number of female users who brought in the revenue of over USD 2
over the last 30 days.
The chart below shows this criterion applies to 139 women out of 27 million app users.
- Build a report on the segment
using the Constructor.
To do that, select Other filters > Segment.
For example, choose just one segment and a minimum number of selectors to
identify the average session duration among female users who brought in
the revenue of over USD 10 over the last 30 days.
These are just a few use cases to get you started.
For more details on myTracker’s capabilities, please see the Reports,
Predictive analytics, and API sections.
If a segment is not used or has been created by mistake, it may be archived.
Archiving comes in handy when you have numerous segments.
Archived segments are marked as Archived and moved to the bottom of the list, with no further daily calculations made for these segments.
To archive a segment, press the button in the Segments list or on View segment or Edit segment pages.
To restore an archived segment, press the button.